6 Ways the Internet Brings Families Closer For the Holidays
From treasured memories to the rich tastes, smells and sounds, our goal, is to teach our kids why we celebrate the holidays.
We want them to understand the importance of creating family traditions and lasting memories. And why staying connected to those near and far matter so much.
Utilizing the power of the Internet has made it easy to help our kids learn what the holidays are about, and gives them a reason to want to be a part of the festivities and not just be in it for the gifts.
Being a click or download away, I can easily access a tasty recipe, a favorite movie or activity making reminiscing during the holidays easy and fun. And since the Internet is such an integral part of our everyday life, the last thing we need is to be slowed down by an unreliable connection. It is why I can't say how much I love my Verizon FiOS service. As a customer for close to 13 years, to date, I have had zero connectivity issues while Skyping, uploading or downloading videos or pictures.
Why? Simply because they are wired differently and are able to handle the demands of our constant connectivity.
So what better way to create amazing and lasting memories with family than by having the right tools to make the holidays less stressful.
Here are some ways we rely on the Internet to create lasting memories with our boys.
- We Cook. My boys are hands-on in the kitchen and love to help me create our Christmas Eve feast. With my recipes readily available from the cloud, we are all getting our hands dirty creating tasty eats while teaching them valuable life skills at the same time.
- Plan a night to see the lights. Living in NYC planning an evening out to check out the amazing window displays, and taking a drive out to see the beautifully decorated houses in Dyker Heights are only a few keystrokes away.
- We craft. What better way to spend a wintery evening drinking hot chocolate than getting out the glitter, glue, and cardstock using Pinterest and having a go at being crafty.
- We donate. The Internet has facilitated our desire to pay it forward. As a FiOS customer, I use MyRewards+ points to donate to various charities. If you’re not a member, enroll today to start earning points now! Want to learn more? Frequently asked questions
- We track Santa. My kids get a kick following Santa’s magical journey through Norad, a program which has existed since 1955 which tracks Santa’s trip as he leaves the North Pole and delivers gifts to kids around the world.
- We plan a family movie night and binge-watch. With Verizon FiOS we watch a variety of Christmas movies On-Demand like; It’s a Wonderful Life, Miracle on 34th Street, A Christmas Carol, Frosty the Snowman and my all-time favorite A Christmas Story.
There is no place like home for the holidays, and using the Internet to make the holidays memorable for my family is a special time my boys won't soon forget
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post as a Verizon FiOS Brand Ambassador. Opinions are 100% my own.