Verizon FiOS Connecting Those Affected By Hurricane Sandy
In previous posts, I have mentioned in previous posts how Verizon FiOS simplifies my life as a busy mom and freelancer, helps educate my son, their excellent customer service, etc, but this time, I will share Verizon’s efforts to help their customers overcome one of the largest and most horrific devastations experienced by those of us in the Northeast.
When Hurricane Sandy hit, she disrupted everything that many of us knew as normal, and Verizon has stepped in to bring back as much as that normalcy as possible.
Despite the challenges and heavy damages to their company’s facilities, Verizon employees have been working non-stop to restore voice, data, Internet and TV service to their customers.
Making strong progress in reconnecting service for their consumers, Verizon has also:
- Doubled their current force of technicians in both New York and New Jersey providing materials such as poles and generators to restore in those hard-hit areas.
- Restored backup power to several flooded facilities to provide phone, Internet and TV services for consumers, small businesses, etc in the area.
- Provided credits for landline customers who have reported an out-of-service condition related to Hurricane Sandy.
- Helped customers determine if their equipment (set-top boxes or home broadband routers) is operable or need to be replaced. Troubleshooting tips are accessible for customers at www.verizon.com/outage.
- Repaired or replaced any Verizon equipment damaged by Sandy, without charge.
Verizon Wireless customers and the Verizon Foundation have also pledged more than $3 million to the American Red Cross and various organizations aiding in Hurricane Sandy recovery efforts.
Customers can still make a $10 donation by texting REDCROSS to 90999, and those who would like to give more can donate up to $50 via text.
The video below shows Verizon's efforts and how they are connecting those affected on Staten Island
Disclaimer: I have been a FiOS customer for over 5 years and am currently a #SomosFiOS Influencer. I have been compensated to share my experience with Verizon FiOS. All opinions regarding product and services are all my own.