LeapFrog has announced a new learning tablet built just for kids.
The LeapPad explorer is a multifunctional learning tablet that will guide the next generation of learning, personal creativity and digital learning for kids ages four and up.
Personally, I am super excited to learn about this device because I have been a LeapFrog fan since before my two-year-old was born. Mainly because they are one of the few brands that offer bilingual educational toys as well as provides me with the opportunity to track my son’s progress online via their LeapFrog Learning Path.
The LeapPad Explorer takes learning and creativity to the next level by helping kids learn vocabulary, phonics skills, and improve reading comprehension as well as provide them with those interactive elements that will make reading even more fun.
This new tablet encourages curious minds to think outside the box and use their imagination and creativity. Featuring a camera, video recorder, and microphone this device lets children express themselves and share their creations with family and friends.
Other elements the LeapPad Explorer provides include:
- Breadth of Learning: The largest-ever learning library at launch: 100+ learning games, videos, e-Books, flash cards, and more, featuring kid’s favorite characters. Compatible with the entire existing Leapster Explorer library.
- Education: Curriculum covers everything from spelling, phonics skills and mathematics to creativity, science, music, geography, and more. Included stylus also lets kids practice writing.
- Creativity: The first kid’s tablet with a built-in camera, video recorder, microphone, and animation studio allows for creative exploration that can be shared with family and friends.
- Personalization: Automatically adjusts the learning across experiences so kids can learn at their own pace.
- Engagement: Tilt-sensor for game control and 5” brilliant color, finger-touch screen create an interactive experience that puts kids in the middle of the action.
- Durability: Though sleek and thin, LeapPad Explorer can withstand roughhousing and is designed for little hands.
With all LeapFrog products and now including LeapPad Explorer, parents are able to go online and review their child’s progress and track achievements with the LeapFrog Learning Path.
Parents can receive regular e-mail updates to share their accomplishments, learn about areas that may require more attention and even find new ways to make learning fun.
The LeapPad Explorer will be available early this summer. The LeapPad Explorer will be sold at MSRP $99.99, with downloadable apps priced at $7.50 and up and game cartridges at $24.99.
The LeapPad Explorer will be available at leapfrog.com* and at major retailers throughout the U.S., Canada, Europe, and Asia.
*Purchases at leapfrog.comare available only in the U.S. and Canada.