Western Digital (WD) has introduced their WD TV® Live Hub™ media center, a Full-HD 1080p media player with a 1 terabyte (TB) built-in network hard drive providing users the ability to play all of their personal media on any screen in their home.
The WD TV® Live Hub™ media center instantly rents or purchases the most recent releases via Blockbuster On Demand®, allows for customization of screen backgrounds, user interface themes, the setting of favorites and content ratings as well as YouTube and Facebook interaction.
With key features like the automatic sync of shared media folders from PCs to Macs, programmable remote, two USB ports that allow media playback from USB drives, camcorders and digital cameras, Windows® 7 compatibility, including the Windows® 7 Play To feature and any DLNA/UPnP- enabled device, this WD TV Live Hub media center is redefining home entertainment by providing an easy streaming experience from every corner of your home.
What else does the WD TV® Live Hub™ media center offer?
- The media center is also a media server. Streaming HD video, music and photos from the hard drive to any DLNA/UPnP-compatible TV or multimedia device including the WD TV® Live Hub™ media center, connected TV’s, Blu-ray Disc™ players Xbox 360® and PS3® game consoles
- Plays a variety of media files including Full-HD 1080p, video formats such a .mkv, .mp4, and .mov
- Content from the WD TV® Live Hub™ media center can be streamed to iPads™, iPhones® or Andriod™ using third party apps
- The device provides photo sharing via Flickr®, Internet radio service using Pandora®, movie streaming via Netflix® and YouTube™ for user-generated videos
- Additional content from AccuWeather.com®, MediaFly® and video podcasts from CNN®, NBC®, MTV® and ESPN® are also available