T-Mobile and Samsung Mobile have come together to unveil the new T-Mobile Sidekick® 4G™ by Samsung. Running on America’s Largest 4G Network, the new Android powered smartphone redefines messaging with its quality keyboard and 4G speeds.
The new Sidekick 4G displays its durable “pop-tilt” hinge, quality keyboard along with new features such as Group Text and Cloud Text to redefine messaging and DriveSmart to prevent drivers from being distracted.
T-Mobile has selected Samsung to help re-create this bring the iconic Sidekick to the next level. Designed with Samsung's hardware, combined with T-Mobile’s 4G speeds, the Android operating system, and unique messaging and entertainment features makes it a great fit for both T-Mobile and Samsung fans.
Some features the new T-Mobile Sidekick 4G includes:
- 3.5-inch display touchscreen
- VGA front-facing camera
- Pre-installed T-Mobile Video Chat powered by Qik
- Powered by Andriod 2.2 (Froyo)
- Preloaded with Facebook and Twitter apps
- Speedy 1Ghz Cortex A8 Hummingbird processor
- The option to place Media Hub charges directly to their monthly T-Mobile service bill
- Group Text feature allows customers create, name, manage and participate in reply-all group text conversations
- Cloud Text provides the option to text with friends or groups across various platforms
- DriveSmart Basic offers an automatic customizable note to callers and senders, informing them that you are unavailable to respond
- DriveSmart Plus adds the ability to automatically activate when the handset is in a moving vehicle
- DriveSmart Plus also provides advanced parental controls for better peace of mind when teen drivers are behind the wheel
The new T-Mobile Sidekick 4G will be available later this spring in two chic colors – matte black and pearl magenta.
To learn more, customers can visit http://sidekick.t-mobile.com/ for more information.